Sunday, September 30, 2012

A quick tirade before my next post

Before I commence this post, I am going to start with setting out a few etiquette rules about the use of electronic devices according to C. D. Joseph.

  1. If you are on holiday, you SHOULD NOT be composing email on your blackberry to your assistant asking her to organise a video conference.  You are in VENICE, FFS!  Put the Blackberry down and concentrate on enjoying yourself!  The company won't fall down because you're away for a few days!
  2. An I-Pad is not a camera.  You look like a douche.
  3. Do you really need three different cameras?
  4. Do you really need that €3000 camera when you probably only have the talent and skill to use a Canon €200 point and shoot?  I mean you're just going to be holding up traffic playing with all those settings!
  5. If you DO insist on purchasing a very expensive camera, learn the basics BEFORE you go on holiday.  I don't mind if you ask me as a passer by to take a photo of you against a magnificent backdrop, but get it set up before you give it to me... I don't really want to take five photos where nobody can see any details because the flash setting is wrong.  It's a waste of all of our time.
  6. I'm all for keeping a record of your journey for posterity, but do put down your recording device occasionally.  If you spend all of your time staring into the viewfinder of your camcorder, you are going to miss things!  Plus you sticking your arm over my shoulder for the ENTIRE JOURNEY DOWN THE GRAND CANAL is really annoying.
  7. If you want to use an electronic device on public transport, headphones are a good idea.  I really don't want to hear Mickey Mouse laughing all the way from Venice to Florence because your child is bored.
Right. Tirade over, back to travel-ey goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment